Let me tell you why I should be your next personal injury attorney. I have Insider Knowledge that other lawyers do not, and it is that Insider Knowledge that will lead to Outstanding Results for you and your case.

Kevin Sandel
  1. Home
  2.  » FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents

If I am a passenger, can I sue the negligent driver?

Yes, if you do not have insurance, the car in which you were a passenger may be held responsible for any lost wages and medical bills. If you have insurance, then you should make a claim with them. Still, an attorney can help you get the maximum settlement that you are entitled to.

Do I need an attorney to assert a claim?

For small auto accidents, you may not. But, for major accidents with medical costs and financial losses, an attorney can help you get the full reimbursement from the insurance company. Consult with a personal injury lawyer that handles all legal paperwork, meetings, court appearances and negotiations to settle your case.

Is it necessary to file a lawsuit or go to court?

While a lawsuit can be the start of legal proceedings, most car accidents are resolved without a trial. But, if a fair settlement cannot be reached, partner with an attorney that is skilled and successful in courtroom litigation. Most car accident cases are settled by binding arbitration, mediation and negotiations.

Is there a time limit for filing a claim?

It is always best to contact the insurance company as soon as possible when filing a claim. Most states, like Ohio will allow two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. There are also exceptions to statutes of limitations, so it is always advised to consult with an attorney.

Learn More Through A Free Consultation With Our Lawyers

Contact Sandel Law Firm for a free consultation about your car accident questions. We are uniquely positioned to deal with insurance companies as I have worked directly as an attorney and claims adjuster for a major insurance company. For your convenience you can contact us directly through our website. We have offices in Akron/Canton and Cleveland.