What To Do After A Dog Bite Or Other Animal Attack
If you or a loved one suffered a dog bite or an attack by another animal, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries. Under Ohio law, the owner of the dog can be held liable for medical expenses related to the attack, as long the attack was not provoked. Here is some important information to consider:
- After seeking the initial medical attention for the claim, continue all prescribed treatment and attend any follow-up appointments.
- Whether you have a claim will mostly depend on who owned the dog. Do they have homeowners’ insurance? If a person gets bit by a stray dog, there is no owner, and therefore, no insurance to cover the cost of the claim.
- Do not talk with the owner about the possibility of a claim.
- Remember that your health or the health of your loved one is the most important after an injury.
- Contact our firm and speak to an attorney as soon as possible. Ohio has a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims, but that doesn’t mean you should wait that long. We can help guide you through the process and ensure you are doing everything possible to recover and get the best possible results given the circumstances of the case.
Call Sandel Law Firm For A Free Consultation
Protect your right to full compensation. To schedule a free consultation about a personal injury claim with our lawyer at either our Akron/Canton office or in Cleveland, call toll free 844-SNDL-LAW (763-5529) or 330-666-2889 (ATTY). You can also use the form on this website to email the firm directly.